Haleigh Barrett

Haleigh Barrett

Haleigh Barrett is a junior at Lakewood High School. When Haleigh is not working hard at the track, she is at home maintaining her GPA of 3.6. Haleigh runs a variety of events, the 100m, 200m, 4×1, 4×2 and high jump also. Lately she could not attend practice because during indoor track she was running with ankle tendonitis along with a strained hamstring and did not find out until after indoor track season. Haleigh is just now running again at practice and will be running in meets again soon. I eventually got the chance to quickly interview her.

Q: What is your favorite thing about running track for Lakewood High School?

A: “I definitely love all the girls I run with. Everyone is just so easy to get along with and I love going out with the entire team to go team bonding.”

Q: How did you first get into running at Lakewood High School?

A: “Honestly, at first I just needed a gym credit but then I just learned to love to run and I loved being so active. I also had a lot of friends that wanted me to run track with them and I just loved it.”

Q: Do you plan on participating in track your senior year?

A: “I definitely will run track just to stay fit and keep in touch with all my friends who run.”

Q: What are you most excited for this track season?

A: “I can’t wait to see how I do on my 100m and I can’t wait to see how the entire team does this season.”