Taste of Lakewood

Summer vacation is coming up fast and warm weather is right around the corner. With the warm, sunny days approaching come an abundance of Lakewood’s unique and vibrant community festivals. The first one of the season is the Taste of Lakewood which is at Madison Park on June 11, 2017 from 1-7 pm.

The Taste of Lakewood is a day-long music and food festival that is held in the parking lot of Madison Park. Some of Lakewood’s top restaurants (such as Melt, Dewey’s, and Barrio) will be there to serve some great food and lots of different bands will be performing on the stage to keep the energy up and the fun going. In past years Lakewood High’s own jazz band has even performed. In addition to food and music, there will also be a “Merchant Market,” where local stores will set up booths to shop around at.

Admission to the Taste of Lakewood is free, although a portion of the proceeds earned by the food and market vendors goes to the Lakewood Chamber of Commerce’s scholarship that benefits college-bound seniors from both Lakewood High School and St. Edward High School. Not only will going to this event be fun, but it could also help you and your peers get started with their college careers!

Be sure to follow the Taste of Lakewood on social media to stay up to date on all of the news regarding the event. If you are interested in volunteering to help out with the Taste of Lakewood, feel free to contact Jane Mechenbier.