Friday April 28, 2017

It’s almost yearbook time.  The 2017 edition of the LHS Cinema has been printed and will be arriving shortly.  Pre-orders will still be taken in the bookroom or online at www.jostens.com until next Monday, May 1st.  You only have 1 school day left to make sure you will receive a yearbook on distribution day.  The current price is $60, but the price will go up to $65 May 1st.  Make sure you’re not left out.  Order your yearbook NOW!

Still haven’t found a way to get to the Botanical Garden?  It’s not too late to take the FREE shuttle buses.  The buses will be departing from Garfield to the Botanical Garden beginning at 6:00pm & will shuttle back and forth until 8:00pm, then from the Botanical Garden to Garfield beginning at 9:30pm thru 11:30pm.  We have field trip forms in the bookroom. 

We also have order forms for prom photos. 

Attention all athletes:  The weight room will be open for you to lift Mondays thru Fridays 3:00-7:00pm until the end of the school year.  You must have all participation forms on file and you must have your school ID.  Coach Hannan and Hyclak will be supervising the sessions.  If you are not an athlete, but would like to lift weights stop by the athletic office to pick up the participation forms. 

Buy Malley’s chocolate bars for $1 in the H2O office in B125 or from an H2O leader.

Attention all 11th & 12th graders that were a part of the News Crew at Garfield.  Check your school email for an important message.  Don’t know how to get into your email?  Ask your librarian in the LRC.  

Colleges and employers are very interested in how much time you have spent serving others in your community.  If you have been volunteering outside of school and school based organizations pick up a volunteer form in the H2O office in B125 to fill out and have signed by your volunteer supervisor.  Turn the form back in to H2O by May 5th to have your service hours entered into your school record.

Barnstormers Drama Club and Music Department will perform LITTLE WOMEN: THE MUSICAL, May 4th, 5th, and 6th at 7:30 PM in the Civic Auditorium.  Presale tickets can be purchased in the Book Room for $8.00 through May 3rd.  Tickets purchased at the door are $10.00.  You won’t want to miss this show!  See Mr. Farinelli or Ms. Sabin if you have any questions!