Wednesday May 3, 2017

Attention all 9th, 10th & 11th grade girls interested in playing basketball next year. We will be starting open gyms on Tuesdays and Thursdays, beginning tomorrow at Harrison Elementary school from 6:30-8:00pm. See you there!

Colleges and employers are very interested in how much time you have spent serving others in your community.  If you have been volunteering outside of school and school based organizations pick up a volunteer form in the H2O office in B125 to fill out and have signed by your volunteer supervisor.  Turn the form back in to H2O by tomorrow to have your service hours entered into your school record.

Barnstormers Drama Club and Music Department will perform LITTLE WOMEN: THE MUSICAL, May 4th, 5th, and 6th at 7:30 PM in the Civic Auditorium. Presale tickets can be purchased in the Book Room for $8.00 thru the end of the day today. Tickets purchased at the door are $10.00. You won’t want to miss this show! See Mr. Farinelli or Ms. Sabin if you have any questions!

The EVERYONE but senior Art Show will be held today from 5:00 to 7:30pm in the Art Atrium. Come join us to celebrate the work of our talented art students. The awards ceremony will begin at 6:00 pm. See you there.

Attention all athletes: The weight room will be open for you to lift Mondays thru Fridays 3:00-7:00pm until the end of the school year. You must have all participation forms on file and you must have your school ID.  Coach Hannan and Hyclak will be supervising the sessions. If you are not an athlete, but would like to lift weights stop by the athletic office to pick up the participation forms.

Club Identity is looking for people that are interested in being leaders for next year’s club! If you or someone you know is passionate about LGBTQ+ equality, come to our next planning meeting on Tuesday, May 9th in Mr. Overholt’s room, C219.  We will be exchanging contact information and brainstorming ideas for next year’s Club ID! ​

Attention seniors who are members of the French Honor Society.  You may place your order for honor chords for graduation, in the book room.  The cost is $7.25.  Don’t delay, time is running out!

Attention musicians – are you interested in being part of the Lakewood Ranger Marching Band’s drumline? Auditions will be happening May 22nd from 5-7 PM at Garfield Middle School. See Mr. Steinbrunner in The Civic for more information!

We have a couple of important dates to share with the seniors…next Wednesday, May 10th is senior T-shirt day. If you ordered a class T-shirt, they look great by the way, you may come up to the bookroom beginning tomorrow to pick it up. Next Friday, May 12th is senior recognition day. We suggest that seniors wear something from their prospective colleges, armed forces or future vocation.