Abby Lee Miller

Abby Lee Miller

The Lifetime show Dance Moms was a popular reality TV show for many middle and high school girls starting in 2011. The show revolved around the Abby Lee Dance Company, which was based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. From the endless gossip and drama to the beautifully choreographed dances, Dance Moms drew in thousands of dedicated fans all across the world. In the last few years, Abby Lee Miller has moved her studio to Los Angeles so that she could have her students in a more dance-friendly and fame-condusive environment.

Recently the beloved Dance Moms star and owner of the ALDC, Abby Lee Miller, was indicted in Pittsburgh on bankruptcy fraud charges. Miller has carried a reputation of being extremely hard on her students. Some have criticized her and even called her emotionally abusive, so it doesn’t come as a surprise that she is spending some time in prison. Miller has been fined $40,000 and sentenced to one year and one day behind bars. She has asked to serve her sentence in Los Angeles so that she could be closer to her dance studio and her students.

Miller’s lawyer said that she was “ill-equipped for this fame” and that she made poor business decisions. Miller herself has said that she will never step foot in front of a camera crew again.

Many Dance Moms fans are sad to see the show end in this way, but they also know that it has been time for a while for the show to film its final season.