West Shore Graduation

West Shore Graduation

On May 18th, all seniors in the West Shore program had a ceremony for their graduation. The ceremony noticed and appreciated the achievements that all the students have accomplished through the two years of the class that each student chose to complete. Every student that graduated that day received a black portfolio labeled as a career passport. The portfolio contained their certificate of completion of their certain subject. Also within the career passport there was all of the areas of study learned in the subject, and for some there was a resume to resent for future interviews.

For those who don’t know what West Shore is, it is a program for students from 11th grade to take a class that is a certain amount of periods a day for two years. The class is dedicated to teaching the student all about the career path they have decided to study, such as Electronic Engineering Technologies, or Networking. There are many other types of classes that the students could choose from. To get more information about the classes, the Lakewood high school website or any other school websites that are a part of west shore has the list of classes and information about the classes.

West Shore isn’t only for Lakewood high school, it is also for other schools such as Rocky River, Bay Village, Westlake, etc. All of the schools travel to Lakewood High School to take these classes.