Manchester Bombing

Manchester Bombing

Twenty two people were killed in a suicide-bomb explosion that occurred at the end of an Ariana Grande concert at the Manchester Arena in the UK. The explosion occurred outside of the arena, in between the venue and the popular train station that was crowded with families trying to get home. In addition to the 22 killed, 12 children among another 59 wounded people have been named. Police have confirmed that Salman Ramadan Abedi was the attacker that was responsible for the attack. ISIS has claimed responsibility for the bombing.  This attack was the deadliest terror attack in Britain since 2005. It is now the top priority for the British police to determine whether Abedi was working alone or if he was acting as part of a network.

Although Ariana Grande was unharmed, she is still clearly shaken up that something so tragic occurred at a concert of hers. She tweeted late on Monday night saying, “broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.” Some have speculated that she may cancel the rest of her tour because of this horrible incident, but that has not been confirmed by any sources.

Europe has been hit relatively hard by a few different terror attacks recently. France and Germany were both the victims of ISIS attacks, and now England has become a target as well. Although this is a tragedy, it is important to not dwell too much on the situation and give in to the fear that certain groups are trying to instill. Support the UK, but don’t sensationalize the occurrence.