Low-cost internet available for Lakewood families

Lakewood High School families now have access to a low-cost internet service offered through Cox Communications and the Connect2Compete program.  Connect2Compete provides a discounted internet plan for families with at least one K-12 student living in public housing, qualifying for a free or reduced school lunch through the National School Lunch Program, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
    “We’re making it easier for low income families to get an internet connection at home by significantly broadening the eligibility requirements for discounted service through the Connect2Compete program,” said Jennifer Bramley, vice president of government and public affairs for Cox Communications.  “With a fast, reliable internet connection at home, the entire family can become more engaged with their child’s education.  Students can access homework assignments while parents are empowered to better communicate with teachers and become more involved with school events.  It’s a win-win for the entire family.”

Key elements of the Connect2Compete program include:

• Internet access at the discounted price of $9.95/month.
    • No price increases, no activation fees, and no equipment rental fees associated with the high-speed Internet program for two years.
    • Free in-home WiFi, free installation and free access to hundreds of thousands of WiFi hotspots strategically located in markets across the country through Cox WiFi and Cable WiFi.
    • In addition to families participating in the National School Lunch Program, eligibility also extends to families with at least one K-12 student who live in HUD-assisted housing, or receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or participate in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).

For more information or to sign up for Connect2Compete, call 1-855-222-3252 or visit www.connect2compete.org/cox.