I’m with Charlie

Im with Charlie

A local woman is fighting to keep her pit bull in Lakewood. Jennifer Scott purchased Charlie from a local shelter about four months ago with the city’s approval. In 2008, Lakewood forced a ban on any vicious dogs, including dogs that resemble pit bulls.

Charlie does not play a special role in the family such as being a service or therapy dog. Steve Zupan, another Lakewood resident said “He believes it is doable to get rid of the ordinance.” Last week he was granted permission to keep his therapy dog: which is a pit bull.

Recently Charlie ran off and got loose.  Jennifer took responsibility and said,  “It was my fault he got loose, but because he is not aggressive he should be permitted to stay put.” A witness reported the dog after seeing the it out and about.

Scott had a hearing and her city was right behind her peacefully protesting.  Mayor Mike Summers told reporters, “We’ve had experiences with dogs in this community and this breed in particular, that has indicated that were slightly less safe than other wise.”

All Mayor Mike Summers is trying to say is in past experiences with these types of dogs people have been harmed. We want everyone to feel safe throughout the community.

Jennifer is still waiting for the final decision on whether or not she is able to keep Charlie in the city of Lakewood.