Senior Year: Fun and Serious

Audra Tuleta is a student athlete at Lakewood High School. She plays soccer and softball. She began playing soccer when she was three. She decided she wanted to play soccer because her older sister did.  ” I wanted to be the cliché child and loved it.”
    Fourteen years later, she continued her soccer career into high school. She is a currently on the varsity soccer team. Their record this year is 2-1-4.  This year will be her fourth year playing soccer at the high school. Audra is a two-year letter man. Her freshman and sophomore year she sat out most of the season due to concussions. Audra’s favorite memory throughout the past three years playing was doing a scavenger hunt with the boy’s team. ”
    Being part of this team meant long bus rides to different schools, which were spent in anxious silence before games and loud celebrations or silent disappointments after. Also practicing everyday, even in bad weather.  Hard work really does pay off.”  Be sure to make it to the next home game against our rival Saint Joe’s, Saturday, September 16th.

Audra Tuleta is also a very good softball player.  “I’m very excited for the upcoming season.  We’ve got to give it all that we’ve got!  It’s senior year!”  Tuleta is the catcher for the team, as well as playing shortstop and third baseman.  Last season was a big step up from the past couple of years.  It was definitely the best overall.  
    The 2017 Varsity girls softball team won sectional’s for the first time in years, winning 8 out of 18 games.  Audra is a three-year letter man, going onto her fourth.  “I’m going to miss all of the girls.  Time flew by these past couple of years.  I know that we can make this season better than the last.  I hope to continue my softball career throughout college.”  
    The 2018 season starts on March 27th.  Hope to see all of you there!