DACA ruining the life of dreamers?

DACA ruining the life of dreamers?

Whether you are pro-life, or pro-choice, you will most likely still agree that once a human has been born, that human should have a life of dignity and an opportunity for success.

The President of the United States portrays himself as one who is pro-life. So Trump does believe that humans should be born. He does believe that a woman should not end a pregnancy. He does believe in the right for a human to live. But does he believe that they should live a life of dignity?

Trump wants to remove children who have been brought to this country illegally.  These children were promised amnesty, and opportunity to go to school and find work, to make a life for themselves and their children.

But look! 800,000 of them are going to be forced to leave! Most are Mexican. So what does that say about Trump?

Does he want an all-white America? Publicly speaking, no. But deep inside is that what he means? He always says “Make America Great Again”, but when was America great?

Only in the last 50 years has equality of the races and genders truly shone, even if not in full capacity, so what time period is he talking about? Before this last half century, this country was a white man’s world, built on black’s and immigrant’s backs. So what exactly is he referring to when he says Make America Great Again?

Borders have never been something that is not up for dispute and conflict. In just the last 100 years, more wars and conflicts have been fought over borders than I can count on my hand.

So if borders bring nothing but pain, and suffering, why do we not change that and create the American border as symbol of hope, opportunity, and prosperity. The people who come to America are trying to find a better place. They’re trying to find a better home for their children. They’re trying to find a better way to live. They’re trying to find a better society in which they can call home. They’re trying to find a place that they can be happy. Can you really say that this is a bad thing?

Look at yourself.  You have goals, aspirations, wishes and dreams. So do they. You have a family, or people who are close to you that you want to protect? So do they.

You want to be successful, you want your kids to be successful right? So do they.

You have a house and a car and money. They don’t.

You have a community and a school that is a safe place for you. They don’t.

What makes you any more special or important than them?

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

If they are so self-evident then why do so many people in our country try so hard to say that it is not so? If all men are created equal, then why do we wish to kick those out who are no different from us?

We must learn as a society that being born is not an achievement. When you are born, it is not your choosing. You don’t have a choice. If you are the son of Bill Gates, then so be it. If you are born in Africa in a poverty-stricken home, so be it. You can’t choose.

So we must see that we are all equal. And the rights we have on birth are no different from any other person in this world. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. That is all any human can strive for. Any goal you may set would in one way or another fit that criteria.

If Trump deports these immigrants, the arrogance of our country will rise, blinding our hearts and souls to the injustice we are doing. And also we would be violating our most sacred document ever written.

Come next Independence day, I hope that we may not blind ourselves with self aspirations, blocking out that of human good. We must instead be celebrating, not only what has been done in the distant past, but the recent future to further the good of the country and those living in it. We must help anyone that we can.

My mom always used to tell me this quote:

“Share what you have, and put others before you, and you will find happiness.”

Listen to that. Let it flow through your head. Think. Find inside of you that what we are doing with our country is wrong.

Another quote, this time by John F. Kennedy:

“Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country!”

We can do something for our country. We can make it a greater place to live.

How will you pass this country on to your kids and the next generation?

In turmoil, fear and hate everywhere? Or a place where love in all shapes and forms rings as loud as the liberty bell does in the heart of every American, legal, or not.