Browns Look For Their First Win

The Browns have not had the best to the 2017 NFL Season, as expected. Through their first two games, the Browns are 0-2, coming up just short against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 1 by a score of 21-18, and then getting totally handled by the Baltimore Ravens in Week 2 by a score of 24-10. This week could be different, however, as the Browns travel to Indianapolis to take on the Colts, who are also 0-2. This game could deliver to be the Browns’ first win of the season.

Despite being on the road, the Browns are the Vegas favorite to win, the first time since 2012 that the Browns are favored to win a road game. The reason is that the Colts have played just as bad, if not worse than the Browns so far this season. A big part of their lack of success is the absence of All-Pro Quarterback Andrew Luck, who is still recovering from off-season shoulder surgery. Scott Tolzien started in his place Week 1, but performed miserably, throwing 2 interceptions and just 128 yards. In Week 2, Jacoby Brissett played a little better, but not by much. The Browns’ secondary will have opportunities to get interceptions about Brissett, who had to throw under pressure a lot in their Week 2 loss.

For the Browns, DeShone Kizer has not been great either. Through the first two games, Kizer has thrown for just 404 yards and has a QBR of 12.6. Hue Jackson still believes in him, and Kizer may get a needed confidence boost against a weak Colts secondary. The Browns’ running game has also not been performing well, with their leading rusher Isaiah Crowell rushing for just 70 yards this season.

The Browns have a good opportunity, but they need to capitalize, and they need to play winning football for the whole game, not just part of it. If the Browns can manage to get a win, they would get a much-needed confidence boost that could carry them through their next several games.