The End 1st Quarter

Even though it seems like the school year is still just starting, with all the students settling into their new position at the high school, the end of the first quarter is Friday, October 20th. So for all of you procrastinators out there waiting for the last-minute to turn in assignments or trying to get a grade up with the last test or calculating how many points you can lose on the next assignment to keep that A-, the time has come. The first quarter can mean a lot—each class of students has a different perspective on the start of the school year, from the freshman, just coming into their high school careers, to seniors, were early onset senioritis is already kicking in. Here are some thoughts from the opposite sides the high experience.

“You think you’re going to come in here and know what you’re doing, but then you don’t. It’s different than I thought it would be, but a good difference. It makes you feel like your growing up, becoming an actual adult.”- Holly Eubanks, Freshman

“It’s been hitting me lately that this is it. This is the last of everything in high school. This is my last season of Marching Band and everything has gone by so quickly…. But, I’m excited for a new adventure.” – Hannah Cogar, Senior

So no matter a freshman or a senior, the first quarter has offered a lot for the students at LHS, from football games to homecoming dances, and while the start of the school year is coming to a close, we can look forward to what the rest of the year has in store for us.