Lakewood Wins by 3

After a 17 game dry spell, Lakewood High School made an underdog style comeback against the Westlake Demons on Friday the 13th, October 2017. On a historically unlucky day, the Lakewood Rangers beat Westlake 28-25 with an incredible stroke of luck. The Junior Varsity team won their game the next morning as well. Could we have beat the losing streak for good?

The curse of Cleveland football extended as far as Lakewood High until this historical Friday. The cheers from the Westlake stadium could be heard far and wide as the proverbial curse was broken. Quarterback and team captain Austin Mahar says,”It felt like a huge weight lifted off our shoulders, my team works so hard and it finally paid off.” The sight of usually stoic teenage boys crying their eyes out was moving; the parents showing up to every game finally received the win they’d been waiting for.

Soon after, he Lakewood Malley’s filled with fans excited to celebrate, Virgil most of all. The #1 Lakewood fan was fulfilled.

This win was the glue our city needed after the recent loss of our beloved Mrs. Giffels and our almost 3 year losing streak.

The whole town is anxiously waiting for the last Friday night of the season. The last game is against North Ridgeville on the 27th of October at their home stadium. Although this game isn’t on our home turf, the renewed faith in our Lakewood High football team is strong as they take on the last game.