Friday October 27, 2017

Attention! We have an important announcement – Being on-time is a critical component to being successful in every walk of life. Please note that beginning November 1st, if you are not in your 1st period classroom by 8:00am you will receive a detention. If you need assistance developing and/or identifying strategies that will assist you in being on-time, see your guidance counselor or House Principal.

Do you love the performing arts?  More importantly, do you hate Mr. Farinelli’s ponytail?  Throughout the rest of October, we will be collecting donations towards the new performing arts facilities.  Whoever brings in the most money gets to cut Mr. Farinelli’s hair!  Questions?  See Mr. Farinelli and his ponytail in the Black Box Studio Theatre.

The weight room will be closed until further notice.

The Girls Indoor Track and Field Team will have a sign up meeting after school next Monday, Oct. 30th in Lecture Hall 1. See Coach Toole in Lecture Hall 3 if you have any questions.

For any boys interested in indoor track & field…there will be an indoor track & field sign up meeting next Monday, Oct. 30th at 3:10 in Lec Hall 2.  We will handout practice & meet schedules.

The Southwestern Conference Cheerleader competition will be held at Midview high school Monday, November 6th at 7pm. Tickets are $6.00 and can be purchased in the Athletic Office. Do not miss class to purchase tickets. Come before school, your lunch period or after school. Tickets will be sold today through Thursday, November 2nd.

Today is Red Ribbon Day (sponsored by Recovery Resources) will meet in the Cafeteria from 10:24-1:22

All week, The Interact club will be hosting a disaster relief fundraiser for Shelter Box USA during lunch, in the cafeteria.

Each day we will challenge different groups to donate a dollar to help people in places like Puerto Rico, Texas & Mexico…and show their spirit by painting a rock for the outdoor atrium.

Today we challenge Student Athletes!

We will recognize your organization, and everyone who participates will be entered in a daily prize drawing and a grand prize drawing at the end of the week.

The daily prize winner will be posted in the cafeteria…you can pick up your prize at lunch.

There will be a meeting Wednesday, Nov. 1st at 3:15pm in the new wrestling room for all students interested in joining the wrestling team.

ATTENTION 11th, 10th & 9th graders!  Picture Retake Day is next Monday, Oct. 30th, during lunch periods.  Cameras will be set up in the Art Atrium.  If you missed out on the original picture day or if you are unhappy with your pictures, this will be your last chance to have them taken for this school year!

Attention all seniors:  Nominations for class motto and class song can be made in the Bookroom between Monday, October 30th thru Wednesday, November 1st during lunch periods.  So make sure you stop by and make your nominations!

Art Club will meet after school today until 4pm.  We are practicing caricatures for Pumpkin Palooza tomorrow.

If you want to be part of the spooky fun at Pumpkin Palooza tomorrow afternoon, see Mrs. Chodzin in the H2O office today. Volunteers will be running carnival games, helping in the pumpkin patch, doing crafts with young children or working in the concession stand.

H2O is headed to the Greater Cleveland Food Bank next Wednesday, Nov. 1st after school to pack lunches and sort food for food assistance programs.  Sign up and pick up a permission form outside E102, the H2O office.

Congratulations to our PBIS winners for the week!  Hanan Abousamieh, Suaad Al Saeedi, Haleigh Barret, Autumn Cruz, Grace Copper, Koiya Hartfield, Emily Mcintire,  Michael Sams, Blake Setta, Kyle Shelt, Susie Viserta and to our staff winner Mr. Dolnosich.  Please go to House 1 right after these announcements to claim your prize!

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Friday Fries $1.00

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50