Tuesday October 31, 2017

Attention! This is an important announcement for you – Being on-time is a critical component to being successful in every walk of life. Please note that beginning tomorrow, if you are not in your 1st period classroom by 8:00am you will receive a detention. If you need assistance developing and/or identifying strategies that will assist you in being on-time, see your guidance counselor or House Principal.

The Southwestern Conference Cheerleader competition will be held at Midview high school Monday, November 6th at 7pm. Tickets are $6.00 and can be purchased in the Athletic Office. Do not miss class to purchase tickets. Come before school, your lunch period or after school.

Tickets will be sold today through this Thursday.

The weight room will be closed until further notice.

There will be a meeting tomorrow at 3:15pm in the new wrestling room for all students interested in joining the wrestling team.

Attention all seniors:  Come to the Bookroom today and tomorrow to submit your nomination for class motto and class song.

Dance Group will have an informational meeting tomorrow and Thursday in Lect Hall 1 at 7:30am.  You may attend either of the 2 meetings.  Please enter through door 5.  Tryout clinics will be held next Monday, Nov. 6th @ 5:30pm and Tues. Nov. 7 & Weds. Nov. 8th from 7:00 to 7:45am.

Barnstormers Drama Club will meet after school tomorrow in the Studio Theatre. Come hear about upcoming auditions, meet the directors for the Winter One Act Play Festival, and say a final farewell to Mr. Farinelli’s ponytail.  Hope to see you there!

The first Barney’s Cafe of the year will be Thursday, November 9th in the Black Box Studio Theatre at 7:00 PM!  Come join us for a FREE evening of acoustic music and self-expression.  Interested in performing?  Sign-ups are on the bulletin board outside of the Studio Theatre.

The guidance counselors will be talking to the juniors today and tomorrow during their English classes about College & Career Planning.

There will be an Organizational Meeting for any 9th to 12th Grade student that is interested in Trying Out for The High School Baseball Teams in February.  The meeting will be today at the LHS Baseball Field – 3rd Base Bleachers.  It is very important that you attend or at least stop by to find out dates and information needed to prepare for playing High School Baseball.

The historically famous student club, Eaters of Lakewood, is back in action!!  Our first meeting of the year will be this Thursday at 6pm at Woodstock BBQ.  Bring some friends, some cash and help us fulfill our mission:  To enjoy food!  That’s this Thursday, 6pm at Woodstock BBQ!  See why we are “the best tasting club in Lakewood!”

Attention musicians! Are you interested in playing jazz? There will be a jazz jam session this Thursday in the band room from 6-7:30 PM.  Anyone interested in playing in the Jazz Workshop or auditioning for Jazz Band should attend.  See Mr. Steinbrunner in the band room with any questions.

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

BBQ Chicken & Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50