Lakewood Hockey

Lakewood+Hockey

This past Saturday the boys hockey team had their first conference game against Elyria Catholic at Winterhurst. The Rangers with a huge 8-0 win. Shutout by goalie, Rob Holden! Goals scored by Jonas Hupcey (1), Kyle Pritty (1), Alex Blinky (1), Mac McFarlin  (2),  Will Holden (2) and congratulations to Dylan Johnson on his first High School goal (1).

Then on Sunday the boys traveled to Gilmour Academy Ice Arena to take on Nordonia. Another great win for the Rangers with a final score of 3-0. Goals scored by Mac McFarlin (1) and Will Holden (2).

This past Saturday December 9th the boys faced Brush at our house Winterhurst. The Ranger Family showed our class, respect, and dignity for the fallen player on Brush. Last season, they lost a loved one and great goalie. Unfortunately, Lakewood wasn’t able to be at Kent State ceremony because of another tournament they had to get too. The boys fun raised as much as possible to help raise money for the hockey foundation at Brush. A check was handed to Brush before the game. R.I.P Alec Kornet.

The Rangers starting off the season with a winning record of 4-2. They hope to continue with a winning record. Come out to the next home game on December 23rd!!