NFL Draft

Getty Images
    SANTA CLARA, CA – JANUARY 07: Trevor Lawrence #16 of the Clemson Tigers reacts after his teams 44-16 win over the Alabama Crimson Tide in the CFP National Championship presented by AT&T at Levi’s Stadium on January 7, 2019 in Santa Clara, California. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images) ORG XMIT: 775241470 ORIG FILE ID: 1079277888

With the NFL Draft coming up, many mock drafts are coming out and many young prospects are coming out of the woodworks. As of late, there have been many trades of swapping picks in the draft. The Miami Dolphins and San Fransisco 49ers made a trade last week on March 26th, swapping each other’s picks in this year’s draft with San Fran getting the third pick while the Dolphins received the twelfth pick in the draft, a 2022 first-round pick, a 2023 first-round pick, and a third round pick of this year’s draft. Then the Dolphins swapped the twelfth pick that they received from the 49ers for the sixth pick from the Philadelphia Eagles for an additional first-round pick.

In the draft, the Jaguars have the first pick and they will undoubtedly choose the young star quarterback Trevor Lawerance from Clemson University in South Carolina. In his three years at Clemson, he had a National Championship, a Sugar, and a Cotton Bowl. The Jaguars are also getting a new head coach in Urban Meyers, a prior legendary head coach of The Ohio State University.

With the second pick, the Jets have some quarterback options in rising young star Zach Wilson from BYU and quarterback Justin Fields from OSU. They need to fill a void at quarterback since 2017 when they drafted Sam Darnold from USC.

Also with the third, the San Fransisco 49ers will probably take a quarterback; the most likely pick would be Justin Fields if he is available, but there are many rumors that they will take Mac Jones, since he fits the system of the 49ers better.