The Masters

The+Masters
    https://www.pgatour.com

The Masters, a 72 hole tournament lasting four days, was hosted in Augusta, Georgia.  There were many familiar faces that have participated and won before in this year’s Masters, such as Dustin Johnson, Jordan Spieth, and Phil Mickelson. But there is also one obvious thing different about this year’s tournament that is different from the previous: Tiger Woods did not participate because of his accident earlier this March, just a month before the tournament.

Coming into the tournament, the most likely players to win were Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau, and Jordan Speith. All these have won before, like Dustin Johnson winning the previous Masters with 20 under par and winning two other Majors. Speith and DeChambeau have won a combined four Majors.

After the first day of the Masters, Justin Rose from South African came out on top, starting off shooting two-over-par, then proceeding to shoot nine-under-par, including eagles. Dustin Johnson shot even par.

In the middle rounds, Hideki Matsuyama out of Japan came out of the woodworks and shot three eagles in just the third round alone, taking the lead by four strokes. But players like Will Zalatoris, Xander Schauffele, Marc Leishman, and Justin Rose all tied for second with seven under par.

Going into the final day of the tournament, Hideki had a four-stroke lead with many seeking to take that place, with a 2:00 P.M tee time. He didn’t seem like the same player, scoring bogeys on the first two holes, and Zalatoris rose up from the other golfers, cutting down the lead to only one stroke. But legends are made on the back nine as we know and Hideki finished off the day only winning by one stroke and winning the 11.5 million dollar reward!