Lakewood Varsity Football Hot Streak

file.field

The Lakewood Varsity Football team is on a hot streak right now, with a current record of 4-0. Going into the rest the season, they are looking for another win this week against the Lucas Ohio Invaders who are currently 1-3.

Last week, Lakewood took down their yearly rivals at Battle of the Bridge against Rocky River. After a hard fought game, Lakewood ended up winning 21-14 after playing an amazing game with the visitor stands filled with parents and fans. Starting right guard Dylan Bennett said,” Our team has never been more locked in and committed at all levels, practice is competitive and fun which gets us ready for Friday. We are committed to giving full effort throughout the week and on game days moving forward.”

Starting Varsity Running Back and Senior Captain, Hakeem Quran, is smashing records this year, breaking even his own records in addition to school records that have not been touched for over 15 years. Hopefully Lakewood is able to use him to his full potential, which will hopefully lead into a scholarship to play college football and take him to the very much needed next level.

Lakewood has not had this amazing start for a season since 1995; after this over 20-year drought, Lakewood is shooting for greater heights than just a few wins, looking to go undefeated this year, with the final goal being states and hopefully a title. Looking forward to the rest of the season as long, as players stay healthy, the schedule doesn’t look too difficult for them to go undefeated.