Lakewood Girls Tennis

Over the summer, Lakewood Girls Tennis has individually been working on their skill and getting as much time on the courts as possible. These Rangers all put in their own work to try and gain a team win. The team needs to be able to pull their own weight in matches in order to achieve a team win.  The Rangers are travelling to different schools almost every night to go up against some fierce competition. These student athletes are competing in matches multiple times a week while juggling school. 

Even though the Rangers are having a slow start to their season in terms of wins, the seniors are determined to have one last successful season. Both Jv and Varsity tennis teams are filled with seniors who want to finish off the year strong. These rangers have senior night Sept. 30th against Saint Joseph Academy. Make sure to come to the Lakewood High Tennis Courts to support our Lady Rangers in their last match ever. 

The Rangers play all of their games within a two-month time period. Unlike volleyball or basketball, tennis only goes up against a certain opponent once a season. Every game it is always someone new and rarely a duplicate of someone they already played. These tennis players have to be ready for every match because they never know what is going to happen. They are not used to playing certain people because they only see each competitor once a year. In other words, when game time comes the Lady Rangers are preparing themselves for any kind of competition.