Trip to McQuaid

Trip to McQuaid

The Lakewood High School Cross Country Team recently took their annual visit to McQuaid. The team stayed at the Evangola State Park in New York from Friday – Sunday. While they were there, the team stayed in yurts. Yurts are round portable tents with bunk beds on the inside. They then drove down to Rochester, New York on Saturday morning to compete at the McQuaid meet. 

The Varsity team ended up finishing ninth out of 13 teams in the top varsity race.  They then ended up in 15th place out of 123 teams for the whole day. Way to go Rangers! Special shoutout to senior Teeghan McGann! She was the top finisher for Lakewood and finished 17th in her race. She ended up placing 39th overall out of a total of 1388 girls that day.  That is a huge accomplishment. The Rangers had their Varsity eight run including: Teeghan McGann, Sadie Gregg, Helen Roche, Julia Kavc, Jazi Duney, Anna Daso and Mae Mohar ran in the open race to kick off the event. 

These runners have been preparing all year. They have been in and out of the weight room building their muscles. Their hard work has certainly paid off and it showed in this meet. Congratulations to all of the Seniors competing and showing off their speed. This Cross Country Team will continue to take their yearly visit to McQuaid and show off their talents.