The City of Lakewood Mobilizes to Make Merl Park Better for All Citizens

Lakewoodites are fortunate to live in a city that appreciates its parks. From recreation to leisure, Lakewood’s parks have a lot to offer. They are speckled across the city and are incredibly accessible to the public. 

This being said, some parks need some renovations—Merl Park located on Bunts Road and Merl Avenue. Regarding what changes are being implemented in the park, ideas are still up in the air. But, as Senior Planner for the City of Lakewood Michelle Nochta puts it, “There are plans to resurface the existing tennis/pickleball court, as well as to purchase new playground equipment” and there are possibilities of adding, “a small picnic shelter and a drinking fountain with a misting station.”

Of course, being a city that carefully puts civilian interests into consideration, there are still plenty of opportunities to communicate input of your own. One of the best ways to have your voice heard is through an online survey conducted by the City of Lakewood. The survey asks about what can be done to Merl Park and people’s experiences there. Be sure to fill it out before Mar. 6 2024!

If you have been paying any attention to the community, you would know that this isn’t the first renovation to occur on public property in recent years. Just last year renovations were finished for Lakewood Park’s Foster Pool with brand-new amenities and features. All this is to say that we are sure to see Lakewood become a more beautiful and better city in the next few years!