The Lakewood Icon

The Growing Legacy of The Lakewood Project

The Lakewood Project, accredited as the first-ever high school rock orchestra, has worked constantly to rewrite the definition of high school music. Since its founding in 2002,  The Lakewood Project (TLP) has provided its members with a music experience that is unique to LHS alone. This student-led organization combines musicians from all walks of life and many different ensembles to provide students, staff, and members of the community with a musical experience found nowhere else. It truly creates a sense of community among members of the LHS music department and inspires future generations of Lakewood musicians.

The experiences obtained through TLP stretch far beyond high school and college, opening doors for careers in not just music but a multitude of different fields. The skills of teamwork, collaboration, and leadership provide former TLP members with opportunities that are simply unavailable to the average high school student. The experience of this amazing group is a thriller from their concerts at LHS to their famous 4th of July celebration, leaving an impression on those who hear them and a true yearning for more.

The Lakewood Project has remained a vibrant icon of the Lakewood community for the past 21 years and will continue to grow its legacy for many more years to come. If you’re interested in experiencing the wonders of The Lakewood Project, come see their next concert at 7 pm, on May 18 in the Lakewood Civic Auditorium.