Where to Get Your Valentine Chocolate

As Valentine’s Day is soon approaching this upcoming Wednesday, many will desire to get something sweet for their significant other. For many years, those who have partners have gotten cards, flowers and chocolates for their husband, wife, fiancee, boyfriend, or girlfriend. 

The best hot spots in Lakewood for sweets on Valentine’s Day would be Malley’s Chocolates, Sweet Designs Chocolatier, Edible Arrangements, and KB Confections LLC. 

If you’re looking for chocolate for a romance, you can find some excellent chocolates at Malley’s. Malley’s Chocolates, established in 1935, has a wide variety of chocolates but also just some simple sweets too. By 1949, Mike Malley opened a second Malley’s ice cream parlor and chocolate shop on Victoria and Madison in Lakewood. If you’re looking for a local place, Malley’s is the place to buy go. Ms. Spies, an English Teacher at Lakewood High School, says her favorite are “Chocolate covered strawberries or chocolate covered pretzels from Malley’s all the way.” 

If you aren’t in the mood for chocolate and want more pastries such as macaroons, cupcakes and cookies, go to KB Confections. KB Confections is run by an award-winning baker Karen Bosworth, who is a local in Lakewood with her husband Dan and three children. KB Confections Valentine’s Day menu is live right now, and it consists of macaroons, cupcakes, cakes, and cookie cakes, all in a variety of pink.. So if you’re looking for sweets for someone for Valentine’s Day but they don’t want chocolate, check out KB Confections.

Those looking to buy high-end chocolates can find them at Sweet Designs, located on Detroit Avenue. Sweet Designs, established in 1995, creates gourmet chocolate confections made by hand and recently has been voted the “Best Chocolatier in Northeast Ohio”.  Chef Robert McGorray from the Ranger Cafe recommended Sweet Designs, saying “You’re paying for the quality and it is 100% worth it.” Some special Valentine’s Day offers include their Chokolatine Hand-Painted Gourmet Chocolates and more. 

Edible Arrangements is another great spot for Valentine’s Day chocolates for their creative and beautiful way of making food into artwork. Edible Arrangements was established by Tariq Farid in Connecticut in 1999. The Edible Arrangements in Lakewood, Ohio opened in 2003 and since then, it has received great reviews for their fresh fruit and sweet arrangements. Their Valentine’s Day offers include a “Be My Valentine Bouquet”, a “Feast on Love Dessert Board” and so much more. In addition to their special Valentine’s Day offers, Edible Arrangements is offering sales on select items up to 25 percent off with the code “LOVE25”. 

Check out one of these local spots for your Valentine’s Day needs!