Returning From Winter Break

Welcome back to school! We hope you had a great break and are recharged for the home stretch of the 2024 school year. Preparing to return to school after any amount of time off is difficult, especially after a 17-day winter break. The Lakewood Times has put together some helpful tips for you to have a successful rest of the year.

Getting back to a healthy sleep schedule is key to succeeding in the second half of the year. It is recommended that a high school-aged person should be getting between 8-10 hours of sleep. The best way to achieve this is by doing things such as; limiting screen time before bed, avoiding caffeine, and trying to go to bed at the same time every day.

With the closing of the first semester, it’s important to finish this second semester strong. One of the steps you need to take toward a strong second semester would be to work on organization. Having a folder for each class is a good way to keep track of assignments. Kaia Schroeder, an LHS student in 11th grade, says she is making sure to stay organized: “I got a planner for Christmas so I’m going to plan my homework out to turn it in on time.” 

Communication is also an important step towards having a good second semester. Speaking to your teachers and classmates is the best way to stay up-to-date with your assignments and take care of any late work. If you’re beginning to struggle this semester, it’s important to attend tutoring sessions and designate a good time for your teachers to help you.

Good luck this quarter, Rangers!