Lakewood Boys and Girls Wrestling

Lakewood Boys and Girls Wrestling

Lakewood’s Wrestling Team is having a great season! Girls Wrestling is a newer sport to Lakewood’s lineup but definitely not one to miss out on!  The next wrestling match is on Feb. 10, which is the GLC championships at Westlake High School. The girls team has made some great achievements like coming in second place at the first annual Lady Ranger Duals. The boys took third place in the Ranger Duals.

Four of the team members on the wrestling team are in the National Honor Society, Senior Donnie Mikuluk, Senior Ed Horton, Senior Gil Coulson, and Junior Zayna Muntaser. These four members are also team captains because of their leadership skills in the classroom, community, and wrestling room. Senior Gill Coulson went 5-0 and brought home an MVP award, and Diezal Edgar went 26-6 in just his matches with a massive improvement compared to last season. He also went 17-0 at the quarter-finals at Riverside Rumble, the boys had four champions, seven overall placers, and a runner-up finish as a team at the Garfield duels. “With more wrestlers and coaches, this season has been a lot better than last year,” wrestler Liam Smallridge says.

Lakewood Wrestling’s Senior Night will be held on Feb. 15, so come out and support your wrestling seniors! If you want to donate to the Lakewood Wrestling Team you can donate at https://www.lakewoodathleticboosters.com/wrestling-donations.com. The Wrestling Team would greatly appreciate the extra funds to help pay for the cost of their season and year-around development. These funds can also help support team meals, spirit wear, equipment needs, senior night activities, along with a plethora of team-bonding activities throughout the year!