Ski Club

Ski Club

Have you ever wanted to learn to ski or snowboard, but don’t know where to start? Ski Club is a great opportunity to learn! This club requires no experience, and it allows you to take classes covering basic skills to get you going. One day, you might even be able to ski on the biggest hill! Ski Club also allows you to bond with other classmates during the cold winter season.

The first trip is at Holiday Valley, Feb. 11, 2024. This club has been active for a few years now, and has always been a student favorite. Ski Club allows students to bond outside of school with a new environment around them, as well as giving them an opportunity to  forward to the next ski date. Sara V., a Lakewood High School senior, states that “It was so much fun to be able to ski with some of my best friends. The trip was a great experience and I just loved the views/mountains.” Whether you are an experienced skier or snowboarder, this club is open to all and gives you a wonderland of snow to play in.  

Junior Sebastian Shafer says that the Ski Club “Leaves around 7 a.m. on a selected Sunday and arrives around 10 a.m., and skis all day. It genuinely is the most fun I’ve had at a school-organized event. We are able to go out to New York and hit the slopes all day, which many schools don’t have the opportunity to do, and get home around 9 p.m.. It’s 14 hours away with 9 hours of shredding. We are always looking for new members, and our sponsors are very friendly and welcoming.”

Contact Mr. White or Ms. Sabin for details on how to join!