Ride The Cyclone and Murder on the Orient Express

Medill Reports Chicago

Do you love plays? We have good news for you, then! Two shows are premiering this weekend—one right here in Lakewood and one in Playhouse Square.

The first is “Ride The Cyclone” from the Beck Center. The play will run in the Senny Theatre from Feb. 9 – Feb. 25.  The play is about six teenagers from a Canadian chamber choir whose lives are stopped short because of a freaky accident aboard a roller coaster. When they eventually awaken in limbo, a fortune teller invites each of them to win a prize—a chance to return back to the land of the living. Tickets cost $38 for adults, $34 for seniors (65 and older), $17 for students (with valid ID) and $12 for children ages 5-12. You don’t want to miss this show!

The Great Lakes Theater is putting on “Murder on the Orient Express” by Agatha Christie from Feb. 9 – March 3 at the Hanna Theatre in Playhouse Square. The show follows Detective Hercule Poirot and his investigation on the Orient Express, as the passengers find themselves stranded in the snow with a murderer amongst them. Join Detective Poirot on this thrilling adventure full of exciting twists and turns! Tickets range from $20-$89 and only cost $15 for anyone under 25 (children must be two or older to be admitted). Tickets can be purchased online at GreatLakesTheater.org.