Leaf Collection Starting November 1st

Starting November 1st, the city of Lakewood will once again start collecting loose leaves. This will continue until Friday December 10th, 2021, weather permitting.  Any loose leaves can be placed in a paper bag/ leaf bag; no plastic bags or the city will not take it.

In addition due to the large volume of leaves on Clifton Boulevard and Lake Avenue, there will be additional pick-ups for those streets. The total number of street collections will be heavily dependent on how nice the weather stays and for how long.

So make sure as soon as those leaves start falling in large quantities, to get out side on a nice sunny day and clean your yard up; your neighbors will appreciate it.

To make it as easy as possible in order to be efficient and enhance collection efforts, residents are asked not to park cars on the street while crews are collecting leaves from 8am – 4pm. Parked cars reduce leaf collection efficiency, and some leaf material may get stuck under and around parked cars. Cars can and will be towed if necessary.

Certain streets have been identified as typically loaded with parked cars that significantly slow the overall citywide leaf collection process. Those streets, which there are 25 of in total, will be posted as no parking on a specific day of the week through the entirety of leaf season.

Leaves on all streets will be collected with vacuum equipment. This effort will allow leaves to be collected more effectively  and it will also help reduce the amount of leaf material that may end up in the city’s storm sewers and limit damage to tree lawns and street surfaces.