Lakewood Project’s “Just Dance” Concert

Lakewood Projects Just Dance Concert
Cleveland.com

This following weekend was very big for Lakewood’s musicians. There was an absolutely wonderful concert on the 14th put on by our very own Lakewood Project. The concert was called “Just Dance” and it’s the pop hits of the 21st century so far. Many favorite songs were played from “All I Wanted” by Paramore to “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X to “Centuries” by FallĀ  Out Boy. The lights in the room were beautiful and the pit was full of students dancing their hearts out. All the performers were dripped out in their best early 2000s attire and truly put on a show for the audience.

Near the end of the show there was a special presentation put on for all of the seniors graduating. This was going to be one of their last shows and they truly went all out for it. There were hilarious pictures of those seniors in their baby photos and it’s so strange to think about all of the time that has passed. It’s so great to see them go out with such a bang as that wonderful concert. The string and percussion orchestra knew what they were doing but sometimes it’s hard to imagine Lakewood Project without them.

They were also selling fat heads at the door that you could hold up in the audience or the pit of the many performers for a good five dollars. If you’re upset you missed this very exciting performance there is no need to panic. They have many more performances coming soon this year and the next. So make sure to keep your eyes peeled for information on those.

Another thing is that if you are in anyway curious about joining the program, they are currently open for auditions until May 31st! Email Dr. Henkins or find the links in the emailed version of the announcements for more details.

It’s a show worth while!