What to know about Light Up Lakewood

google

Do you have anything to do this weekend? Do you want to get into the holiday spirit? This weekend on Saturday, Dec. 3, Lakewood’s annual Light Up Lakewood will be taking place on Detroit Avenue in Downtown Lakewood. It will be going on from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. This event is free and family friendly. There will be plenty of fun activities going on like the holiday parade, lighting ceremony, winter fireworks, the Roundstone Beer Garden, Holiday Train, live music, ice carvings, food trucks, children’s games and so much more. To stay cozy there will be hot chocolate, and businesses open to eat at and shop. 

Light up Lakewood is a way for the community to come together and to celebrate Lakewood’s sense of community. The atmosphere is wonderful with festive lights, music, games, the warm sound of carolers, and hot beverages. The lighting ceremony will be at 6:30 pm at the City Center Park, as well as the fireworks which will be at 7:30 p.m. at Kaufman Park. The fireworks are visible throughout Downtown Lakewood. For kids, Santa will be in front of the Public Library from 4-8 p.m. It is so special that the annual Light Up Lakewood is one of the biggest Holiday events in Northeast Ohio. Support your community by attending this wonderful event this weekend!