Coffee With a Cop

coffeewithacop.com

On Friday, Feb. 17, you get a chance to meet with one of Lakewood’s very own police officers. This is an amazing opportunity for kids or adults in the area to ask questions about this field of work. Not only can you ask questions but this is also a chance for residents to hopefully strengthen their relationship with Lakewood police officers. This event is part of a nationwide organization that started in 2011, when police officers in Hawthorne California were looking for a way to interact with the citizens they were serving each day. The main goal of this event is to bond over coffee along with discussing issues in the community or the U.S. According to coffeewithacop.com, they emphasize wanting to build trust between one another but also provide a casual atmosphere such as meeting at a local restaurant. They pick a neutral location so it makes the experience more enjoyable on both ends.

Be sure to check it out if you are interested, it takes place on February 17th, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., and will be held at Despina’s Bakery, 11823 Detroit Avenue. 

View Comments (1)