Salt Readers

Salt+Readers

Being a student-athlete at Lakewood High School has a lot of responsibilities—you represent your school, community, and individual team. On and off the court, field, or arena, you set an example for younger Rangers and inspire adolescent students. This holds a lot of weight but Lakewood High School students are amazing role models of what it means to be a competitor and a scholar. A select few of these leaders were given the opportunity to partner up with Second and 7 and Readers to Leaders to give back to the community.

Through the SALT program at Lakewood High School, student-athletes traveled to the elementary schools to read to their students. Previously this school year, the SALT readers visited Emerson Roosevelt and Harrison. On Tuesday, Feb. 7, SALT students were at Horace Mann and Grant. Ella, Drew, Delaney, Zayna, Logan, Maddie, and Ally display what it means to be a Ranger as they give back to their community. Their leadership along with many others does not go unnoticed!

The SALT students will continue visiting Lakewood’s elementary schools and reading to the students. This initiative is great for engaging the younger students and demonstrating the leadership qualities of Lakewood High School Students!