Lakewood Scholarships Available

This is a message for all Lakewood High School Seniors planning to pursue post-secondary education! Whether it is a four-year college/university, a two-year community college or associate program, or a trade/specialty school (culinary, construction trades, IT, etc.) that you are interested in, Lakewood High School is fortunate enough to have the money and resources to give back to students through scholarship opportunities.

Mrs. Sandoval, the College Now advisor at Lakewood High School, has a full list of scholarships provided through endowment funds started by alumni and friends of the Lakewood City Schools. Laura R, a Lakewood High School Graduate, showed her gratitude regarding the LREF Scholarship stating, “Thank you for granting me this scholarship. To me, it’s more than just money. It’s both a step closer to my dream career and the recognition that you believe in my potential to succeed.”
Lakewood Kiwanis Foundation awards students with a satisfactory level of academic achievement $2,500 per year for a total of $10,000 over a four-year period or $5,000 for those students attending a Community College. This scholarship’s deadline is April 1, 2023.

The following scholarships are due by March 1: Asian American and Pacific Islanders Scholarship, OAPSAE/AAFSCME Memorial Scholarship, Ohio Oil & Gas Energy Education Program Scholarship, and Ohio PTA Memorial.
The Cleveland Foundation Scholarship and Medical Mutual Customer Schools Scholarships are both due March 15.
These opportunities and more can all be found in the Guidance Office. Don’t miss out!