Summer Fun in Lakewood

Summer Fun in Lakewood
Cleveland Arts Events

With the school year coming to an end and kids being let out of school for the summer, you have a lot more time on your hands. Luckily, Lakewood has plenty of events this summer that will keep you busy!

Mahalls is a great place not only for bowling but concerts too. They are hosting people like The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, The Frights, and Leanna Firestone. The venue is relatively small, which means the audience is always up close and personal with the performers. This creates a sense of intimacy and connection between the artists and the audience which is harder to find at larger venues. The venue is decorated with vintage bowling memorabilia, which creates a fun quirky vibe. There is also a full bar and restaurant on site, so the concert-goers can grab a drink or a bite to eat before or after the show. Tickets are cheap and the music is always great! If you are interested in buying tickets for any of these shows you are able to purchase tickets at www.bravoartist.com. Some of the concerts however require you to be 18 years of age. Mahalls is located at 13200 Madison Avenue, be sure to make it to at least one concert this summer, you will not regret it!

The most popular event that happens every summer is the Lakewood Summer Meltdown, everyone goes there for good food and a good time. This year it is on July 15, from 4-10 pm on Detriot Avenue in downtown Lakewood. During this event, you are able to sign up to run a 5K or the 1-mile fun run/walk! If you are interested in doing the 1-mile fun run/walk it will cost $15.00 for each participant, this also includes a cool t-shirt! But if you are interested in the 5k the first 50 participants to sign up will be discounted to $20 followed by a $35 presale price. buy your tickets before the event because the prices will eventually go up to $20-$30! The race takes place at 6 pm! If you are looking to go for a good time without breaking a sweat there is more to offer than just the race, with things like live music and your favorite food vendors! The bands performing throughout the day provide a perfect soundtrack to a summer afternoon. There are also plenty of other activities to enjoy such as games, contests, and even a kid’s zone for the little ones! Whether you are a local resident or just visiting the area, this is a great way to spend a summer day.

With concerts and the Summer meltdown, you are guaranteed to have a good summer. So don’t be lazy get out of the house, grab some friends, and head out for nights of great music and good times!