This Month at the Lakewood Public Library

Lakewood Public Library

The Lakewood Public Library is filled with various activities for all ages, such as film screenings, book clubs and children’s book readings. There are many upcoming events that should not be missed!

The library offers programs to help teens with their SATs. They have boot camps and programs hosted by the College Now Greater Cleveland team of experts on the subject. This will be held on Saturday, Sept. 30 at noon. In addition to the SATs, they also provide extra help for juniors and seniors to achieve a competitive score on their ACTs on Oct. 14.

With the upcoming spooky season on the horizon, you have a chance to meet various authors of scary stories on Oct. 25 at 7 p.m.

The Lakewood Public Library also has a program called Cleveland Clinic Mental Wellness Book Club. They meet on Tuesdays; upcoming dates are Sept. 12 and 26, and also Oct. 10 and 24. They meet from 6:30-7:30 p.m. For the book club, they read a book about trauma (violence, sexual abuse, neglect) and how they affect the development of a child’s brain. They hold these book club meetings in the Auditorium at the library. 

For a list of other upcoming events, check out Lakewood Public Library’s program guide here.