The Lakewood Project Concert

City of Lakewood

Interested in learning more about the rock orchestra that Lakewood High School students performed in last Saturday? It was held in the Lakewood Civic Auditorium on Jan. 20 at 7 p.m. The concert was one of the best yet, featuring different genres of music and recognizable fun jams. Lana Collins, electric bassist, stated, “ This was a show you would have not wanted to miss!” 

The Lakewood Project performed Panama by Van Halen, Pompeii by Bastille, On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons, and Suffragette City by David Bowie and many more! The Lakewood Project performed two electric string quartets, one ten piece acoustic string orchestra, and a full rock band rhythm section. 

Want to know more about the history of the concert? The Lakewood Project is the world’s first high school rock orchestra and was formed in 2002. The Lakewood Project has great educators to help the ensemble be as amazing as it is. The director for the Lakewood Projects is Dr. Beth Hankins. Hankins was even nominated for a Grammy! 

If you enjoyed the concert on Saturday, then you’re in luck because there will be two more concerts happening on May 18 and July 4! If you want any more information just go onto their website listed below!

https://www.lakewoodproject.com/