Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship Opportunity

This year, Amazon is offering its Future Engineer Scholarship to 400 high school seniors across the country. The scholarship can be granted up to $40,000 per student (up to $10,000/year) towards a 4-year degree in computer science or engineering. The chosen students will also receive an offer for Amazon’s summer internship programs.

This year is hosting the most diverse representation yet with schools from nearly 40 U.S. states, including Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico. Also, 70% of these students identify as Black, Latino, and Native American, these groups usually being underrepresented in the STEM field.

This scholarship opportunity is a great way for students to begin their tech paths into post-secondary options. Often students see the big name “Amazon”, and shy away from the opportunity, and are scared to apply. However, it is not hard to apply, all you need is to have been a United States citizen for more than 2 years, a cumulative GPA of 2.3, and currently a high school senior.

Applications close Dec. 15 at 4 p.m., so seniors ensure you’re taking advantage of this opportunity.