Ice Cream Spots in Lakewood

Ice Cream Spots in Lakewood
yelp

Even though the weather is getting colder here in Lakewood, people still can’t pass up a good opportunity to get a sweet treat.

A city favorite that people of course can’t get enough of is Malley’s Chocolates located at 14822 Madison Ave. Malley’s was discovered by Mike Malley at the height of the great depression. He had a dream of opening his own chocolate-making company and he succeeded in doing that. On the opening night in 1949, the police had to be called because of the massive crowd that came who were eager to get their chocolate and ice cream. At Malley’s not only do they have plenty of options to choose from but inside is a great environment for kids. If you are dining in they give you pretzels and hot fudge to enjoy before your ice cream.  They Serve different sundaes such as the “Malley Oh!” which has cookies and cream ice cream, chocolate sauce, and a chocolate-covered Oreo to top it off. If you are looking for a more fruity option they have plenty of choices just for you! For example, they have the “Strawberry Shortcake” served with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, strawberries, and a Mary Anne cake.

Another great place to get ice cream in Lakewood is Insomnia Cookies at 18508 Detroit Ave. Don’t let the name fool you they also have amazing options for ice cream with a choice to have your ice cream on a brownie or cookie, taking this sweet treat to another level! They also have ice cream sandwiches that come in all different sizes. Insomnia Cookies is a great place to get your treats at any time of the day because they are open until three o’clock in the morning and even deliver!