What Club Should You Join?

Alejandro Nieves Bucey

Here at Lakewood High School, there are many different types of clubs that you could join. We all have things we are interested in, and maybe you can find someone with similar interests at a club here. You can also invite friends you already have to one.

Most clubs usually have one to two teachers as the adviser(s) and a student(s) as the president(s) for the school club. The school clubs could meet several times during a week or roughly once a month. Clubs usually hang up a poster listing some information about it, such as what room it will be in, who advises it, and how you contact them through an email or Remind, which is a system advisers could use to give out updates by texting a code to a phone number. Once you are in a Remind, you can text the club advisers through your text messages or the Remind app/website.

Here are some clubs that you might be interested in joining. The Ski Club is planning their next trip to be at Peek’n Peak and Holiday Valley. The Cinema Club does not plan to meet until after Thanksgiving break, but the club is expected to work on sports pages for the yearbook in the meantime. Barnstormers is Lakewood High School’s drama club where you can expect to act, sing, and dance. Each year Barnstormers performs one play, which was A Midsummer Night’s Dream that was put on last week when this article was written. Barnstormers also perform one musical, which will be Anastasia coming soon this school year.