Lakewood Swim and Dive Conference Meet

Clare Morrissey

This year’s Lakewood Swim and Dive team is loaded with competitive and athletic individuals that might be making it quite far into competitions among other schools in our conference, district, and even our state. 

For their first Playoff competition, Thursday, January twenty-sixth, the Lakewood Diving team competed against the other ten diving teams from the Great Lakes Conference. The teams that were represented include Buckeye, Elyria Catholic, Fairview, Bay Village, Normandy, North Olmstead, Parma, Rocky River, Valley Forge, and Westlake. 

Our Lakewood divers, Maddy Sorge, Lydianna Trudel, Edie Barcelona, Drew Wallen, John McManamon, and Ryan Fetting displayed an excellent array of technical and complicated dives. Each diver had eleven opportunities to display their skills. Our men’s team ended up with 28 points and our women’s team with 33, leaving both teams at the top of the conference for diving. 

This lead is going to really help out the swim team when it comes to their shot against the competition this Saturday, January twenty-eighth. The swim team’s most talented athletes, Charlotte Beno, Felix Petrowski, Ava Watts, Elenoir Rodgers, and Lily Metzger all are beasts when it comes to swimming through the water at record-breaking speeds. 

Make sure you are there for the ultimate swim down of the season this Saturday. Our money is on the Lakewood swim and dive team, will you be there?