Lakewood Track and Field Record Breaking

Stephanie Toole

Lakewood High School offers two opportunities for those who love running, jumping, and throwing to participate at a competitive level of Track and Feild. The indoor season started in the early winter and is beginning to wrap up, with the last indoor meet of the season this Saturday, February twenty. And the outdoor track and field season, which is preparing to kick off, with an informational meeting this Thursday, February twenty-third. The girls’ and boys’ teams have had an incredibly successful season — numerous personal records have been broken, and a handful of school records have been beaten. 

An example of some of the incredible feats of our track team includes the improvement and success of our boys four by two-hundred relay. This relay team, comprised of Kevin Kauffman, Marshall Vargas, Caleb, and Tyler Marvin has chased down the school record for the event at the past three meets. This means there will be some new names on the record wall in the athletic hallway. 

Another name that will be added to the wall is Cece Miller. Cece is a weight thrower who set the school record at thirty-one feet and three inches. 

These records prove that overall the season has been very successful and the boy’s and girl’s teams hope to use this momentum to sprint their way into a great outdoor season.