The 2023 Academic Challenge

The Academic Challenge Display Case
The Academic Challenge Display Case

Hey Rangers! Do you enjoy trivia? Do you have a competitive spirit? If so, then Academic Challenge might be your thing! 

Academic Challenge is a trivia competition where you compete with other schools in a quiz game similar to Trivial Pursuit. Teams buzz in to answer questions covering topics having to do with academics, such as math, history, science and English. Formats vary depending on the tournament, but there is usually a Category Round, Alphabet Round, and Lightning Round.

There is a misconception that you have to be extremely smart to join, but students from any grade level can join to expand their knowledge. Both of the advisors think that this is a perfect opportunity for kids who love to use their brains. Ms. Sabin says that she “love[s] using my academic brain with the kids…and also enjoys seeing kids that she doesn’t often get to teach.” Mr. Saksa himself stated he’s excited for this club and is “really looking forward to it.” 

If you want to join, contact either Ms. Sabin or Mr. Saksa by email or stop by their rooms, which are B208 and A212, respectively. The presidents of Academic Challenge are Owen Rumsey and Shannon Katzenberger, and you can speak with them or email them with any questions! Meetings are on the first Thursdays of every month; the next meeting is Oct. 5.