Historic Haunts in Gordon Square

Simone
Near West Theater

Looking for something fun to do this weekend? For this week’s topic, we are taking a look at Historic Haunts which is taking place Oct. 5-Oct. 7, times available from 6p.m.-10p.m. This walking tour spotlights different macabre events that occurred in the 20th century and beyond to accentuate the start of October. This walking tour is about an hour long, and this particular experience of live theater is incredible. Tickets for both nights are still available.

Lakewood High School sophomore Ceci Whiteamire will be in the production of Historic Haunts this year. She says that “Historic Haunts is an amazingly fun experience. It has something for everyone… Cleveland history, comedy, and of course, classic haunted house scares!”

Every year, people audition for this production in July for the October performances. You will be transported into a world of true crime in the 20th century, following a tour guide to walk along the path of the deceased. One particular spotlight of this journey is following Elliot Ness and the famous Cleveland Torso Murders. This mile-long walk is worth it to learn about Cleveland’s dark and haunting past while supporting a local community theater. Come this weekend to see the show!