Upcoming LHS Senior Nights

As we are coming up on the end of the fall sports seasons, it’s time to celebrate our senior athletes. These athletes are recognized at their senior nights, and there are still a few more you can attend; Girl’s Cross Country Senior Night will be on Friday, Oct. 13 before the varsity football game, Volleyball Senior Night will be on Thursday, Oct. 12 and Football Senior Night will be on Friday, Oct. 13. 

Senior night is about recognizing the commitment and leadership of the eldest students of Lakewood High School. Throughout their lives in Lakewood, they have competed at a high level of competition and have done their best to represent for the community. All this work that the seniors have put in is recognized and brought to attention.

A few of our senior students have shared their best memories from their respective high school sports. For the girls volleyball team, seniors Delaney Garcia and Sophia Zarbo recalled that their favorite memory was, “beating Holy Name,” which Zarbo followed up by saying that the Lakewood team “has been trying to beat them for years.” Special moments like this can last a lifetime for these seniors as they are the last memories of their four years playing their sports. Senior football players Lukas Quick and Chris Byrne also had the same favorite memory of beating Clearview this year in a “comeback win at home.” Both the volleyball team and the football team have worked hard this season to win these games and gain these special memories.

If you haven’t already, it is highly recommended to support your senior athletes at their festivities and events. Most of them will be stepping on the field for the last time, which can be an emotional moment, so the support from their community is something that they all need!