Recent Student Awards at Lakewood

All the students congratulated for their Nation Merit achievment (From Lakewood High School website)

Lakewood has stepped it up this year! A large number of students were selected for a variety of awards because of their academic excellence and artistic works.

On Sep. 27, 2023, some of our West Shore seniors from Media Art and Design, Liv Behun, Reagan Bratko and Wilbur Gwynn, were chosen for Ohio Art Education Association’s Ohio Emerging Artist High School Exhibition. 163 out of 260 artworks were selected for this showing at the Westerville Public Library, which has since moved to the Ohio Department of Education.

Liv Behun had a great experience at the exhibit. She stated “The competition was a good experience and I loved the way they were inclusive with all the arts!” She also wanted to include, “I definitely 10/10 recommend other artists to apply to the contest!” 

Along with this award, Carter Eardley, a senior at LHS, was named one of the semifinalists of the 69th annual National Merit Scholarship Corp Competition, as he is one of the students with the highest-ranked PSAT scores in the nation. Along with Eardley, six other students were recognized for their very high PSAT scores.

As well as the other awards, Lakewood High School celebrates the various students who earned their AP Scholar Honors by their scores on the College Boards’ college-level advanced placement exams taken earlier this year in May. So Lakewood High School, along with the entire district, happily congratulates the 85 different students that have earned their AP Scholar Honors.