Fractured Fairy Tale- Peter Pan

“PETER PAN!” Captain Hook shouted.

Peter Pan was flying around his pirate ship messing with his loots. He hated Peter with his gut. Peter and his lost boys would always cause a ruckus around Neverland.  

Captain Hook was once a young and energetic boy. He had a wonderful family before coming to Neverland. Hook was an only child to a widow. His father had mysteriously disappeared when his mother was carrying him in the womb. Growing up was tough, the kids in his neighborhood and his classmates would always tease him because he was fatherless. Whenever Hook went to buy medicine or pick up some ingredients for supper, he would avoid going out the front of his apartment because lots of children would always be playing in the front of the building. 

One day, his mother fell ill again and needed medicine. It was pitch dark so Hook went out the front of the apartment gate. As he entered the dim street, he heard a faint footstep from behind him. Hook started speeding up as a cold shiver ran down his spine.

“Ding Dong.” The bell rang as he entered the pharmacy store. 

He looked out the door as he was catching his breath. Strangely no one was there. 

“Hook, it’s super late, what are you doing this late at night honey?” Mrs. Lacy worriedly expressed.

“My mom, she’s sick again.”

“Poor thing, I’ll crush up some herbs. Hopefully, this new herb I bought treats her illness.” 

“Thank you, Mrs. Lacy.”

Hook couldn’t help but keep looking outside. He wondered who was following him. 

“There you go.” Mrs. Lacy Smiled.

Hook handed her the coins, waved goodbye to Mrs. Lacy, and went out of the store. Frightened about what happened earlier he speed-walked his way back to the apartment gate. As he walked past the gate, something had been placed in front of his feet. He fell down onto the ground as his hands scraped against a nail that had been sticking out of the gate. 

“Watch where you’re going.” Someone had chuckled in the corner.

As Hook got up he felt a heavy boot pressed against his hand. He felt a sharp sting.  

“The name is Peter by the way.” He walked slowly to the apartment as he had one of his hands in his pocket. 

That was Hook’s first encounter with Peter. He’s never met him before but that was the day the bully started. A never-ending teasing and abuse. The only way Hook escaped from reality was by going to Neverland.

Hook had discovered a secret left by his father not long ago. A jar consisting of glowing dust. Whenever he visits Neverland it feels like paradise. His favorite place to hang out was a treehouse he built himself. He covered the inside of the tree with colorful scarves wrapping around the wall like wallpaper. He hated the dark so there would always be candles lighting the room. 

One night he flew back home and felt a bad feeling in his gut. That day the city lights were dimmer than usual. That day he found his mother dead on the couch. Strucken by the grief of his loss, he promises himself to never go back to Neverland. He wishes he had spent more time with his mom than exploring Neverland.

Years later Hook was now an adult, barely making money to support himself. He stumbled across a jar of glowing dust while looking through his drawer one day. Memories flooded him as he opened the jar. Once again he flew to Neverland. Everything had changed once he got to the treehouse. Approaching the door, a pile of water soaked him. Kids started laughing everywhere. He was furious as his face turned red. 

“WHO DID THIS!”

“Take a chill pill, it was only a harmless prank.”

“And who are you?”

“You don’t know me? I’m the one and only Peter Pan.”

The name Peter triggered him as he craved revenge. He wanted to get back at all of the lost boys, especially Peter. From that day on Peter and him had been fighting all over Neverland. Hook formed his own team of Pirat as he sails around Neverland chasing Peter. 

“Finally a perfect opportunity.” 

Hook had secretly captured Wendy, John, and Michael. He was going to make them walk the plank as revenge. He knew Peter would do anything for Wendy so he waited for him on his ship. He drew out his sword as a fly object approached. Taking a chance he charged at Peter. Peter was quick with his feet and dodged every swing. Then suddenly he was blinded by a white powdery substance. He swings his arm around not knowing where he’s at. Opening his eyes he saw no one. As he looked down he noticed that he was on the plank and a crocodile was right below him.   

“On your left.” 

Peter was flying straight towards Captain Hook. Getting closer he quickly flew to the right. Hook was now stumbling and couldn’t balance himself onto the plank.

“AHH…” Hook screamed as he fell into the ocean.