Ranger Cafe @ West Shore

The Ranger Cafe, established in 2009, is a student-run restaurant at Lakewood High School, open from noon to 1:30 p.m. on select Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The restaurant operates from mid-October to mid-April, and requires reservations. The student chefs are in a culinary program with West Shore and participating cities include Westlake, Rocky River, Bay Village and our own Lakewood, Ohio. 

Reservations can be made by calling the number 216-569-4165. They have a wide range of 50 seats. The Cafe provides daily fresh food, offering a wide variety of options from soup and salad to breaded chicken and sandwiches. “The juniors prepare the food before it opens, and the seniors serve,” said Chef Robert McGorray of the Ranger Cafe.

The students competed in the 2016 FCCLA State Culinary Competition due to many of their skilled chefs. Some students from the program have even received significant scholarships. In 2017, Jessica Bohannon received first place at the FCCLA State Culinary Competition for her pastry cake. 

The Ranger Cafe also has great reviews, with comments describing their excellent service and delicious menu.