H2O Kick-It Tournament

The Help “2” Others Club at the high school has been working very hard to get fundraising for a huge kickball tournament they are hosting for children’s cancer. So far, somewhere between 8 to 10 teams are registered to fundraise with the overall goal set at $5,000. In the last week alone, each team has been fundraising like crazy and they are already at more than $2,000. With two weeks left we are hoping to reach over our goal!

Kick-It is an organization inspired by a young boy with cancer from Chagrin Falls, OH who fundraised money for children’s cancer through a huge kick-ball tournament. The program grew and is now in partnership with Flashes of Hope and so far since their start, they have raised over $4,600,000. Children’s cancer is infamous for lacking funds and research, so Kick-It travels to schools all over the area getting volunteers involved in the cause.

This is LHS’ second time doing Kick-It and it is back and better than ever at the school with almost double the amount of teams fundraising and a much higher goal. The month of March every team will be preparing over April 1st, where all the teams and hopefully more spectators and donors will attend to participate in a fun day of kickball, snacks, games, and more.

Lakewood’s main inspiration this year is a fellow H2O member named Jimmy who was recently diagnosed with cancer, making him unable to participate in H2O summer service camp that he was planning to attend.

Everyone is ecstatic to be raising money for Jimmy and kids all over the world. Help fund research by donating and attending the event LHS students!